Sunday 29 June 2014

Favourite things

Without doubt one of my favourite ways to spend time is watching and photographing wildlife with my wife Katie. We've been very lucky over the years to visit many wonderful locations around the world and to see some special sights but this year my ability to indulge this hobby has been severley limited by my health. It was simply terrrific then to spend last Tuesday evening in a hide overlooking an area used by a family of foxes. Katie and I had terrific views of two cubs and two adults. It was great fun watching them interacting with one another and trying to work out the relationships between the two adults, both of which appeared to be males, and the two cubs.
 
Here are some of my favourite photo's from the evening (click or double click on the images to see larger versions). First, one of the adult males:
 
 
And one of the cubs:


  
A cub interacting with the other adult male:
 
 
And finally one of the adults trying to look tough:
 
 
It's really special to have this period of time when I am feeling better than I've felt for quite a number of weeks, I'm planning to take as much advantage of it as I can!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment